Email Call Us

Company History

Doughty Precision Engineering Ltd was established in 1925 as a family run engineering company, manufacturing and specialising in components for the Diesel, Marine and Motorsport businesses.

During the 1980s, Doughty diversified and developed a special capability in manufacturing electrical connector shells for aerospace and other demanding markets.  This enabled us to expand globally, making Doughty a leading supplier.

In 2005, Doughty was taken over by the Nasmyth Group who have invested heavily in plant, equipment and aerospace expertise to further enhance Doughtys' capabilities and has seen Doughty diversify its business further to additionally service the Oil & Gas, Military & Defence and Sensor markets with the ability to also offer complete turnkey engineering solutions to parts and assemblies.